Struggles | Filming & Editing Preliminary Task

Filming & Editing on iMovie
Some struggles that I encountered while filming the preliminary music video was the lighting was not the same as I had to re adjust the lights a lot due to the different shots I was filming, so when it came to editing; as I was applying the filters, the clips were turning out differently due to the lighting being differently placed in most of them. Another thing that I was having trouble with was that even though I did shoot her singing the song 3 to 4 times, but I did not get enough different kinds of shots so I fell short of variety but now I understand that it's not only the amount of shots you have, it's also the types of shots that you get; so learning this in my preliminary task has helped me majorly as I won't be making this mistake for my final music vide now. A problem I encountered while editing was to get the song to match up exactly with the clips. It can be really challenging and a bit confusing because my singer wasn't singing exactly like the actual singer. It was a bit time consuming but I figured out a way to make sure it all matches up by just attaching the song and then cutting clips and adding and removing from the middle so I wasn't messing with the song. I was using iMovie on the new Mac in the Media room, where as I am used to using iMovie on my MacBook Air which is easier to use. I had to be really precise and careful with where and how I was placing all the clips because I had to match them up manually. 

However, now I have started watching YouTube videos to help learn new techniques and encounter any problems that I am having, as I have a week before I want to film my final video and this will give me good knowledge for filming.

Comments